First of all, thank you all for the flak and a few nice comments for my first post. Well, my second post is also going to scrutinize the life of IITians-this time their future.
Let me begin by describing my last weekend-40 hours of no sleep. Two complete night-outs, vigil for the hostel elections, playing dodgeball, football, volleyball and what not in the rains in the morning following that stressful night, the mock CAT exam and finally the wing treat-the second night-out. In short, it had all the ingredients of an awesome weekend by IIT standards.
Never did, for a single moment, I thought why was I involved in the majority of these events. Or for that matter, do we, IITians, ever think why we do, what we do? Do we ever think of the effects our actions have on our future. Probably not.
Recently, I had a chance to meet an old friend which actually triggered these thoughts. He has his life all planned and all set. He knows the work he is going to do, the business he is going to pursue ten years down the line, the problems he's gonna face and their solutions.
And here I(I, hereon refers to any average IITian) am. I dont know whether I am gonna do a core or a non-core job, an year down the line. I dont know if I want to go for further studies. "CAT dena hai?...de denge, sab de rahe hain". How many of us are there who wont sit for core jobs because they want to do a non-core job?
Very very few. Simply becuase I don't have the luxury of a high CPI to be a chooser rather than a beggar. Because, never in my last four years, I thought of my placements. All I knew was that I am an 'IITian' and I am bound to secure a lucrative job in four years-the thought fed in my mind by my parents, relatives and the mohallawallas even before I got into IIT.
I will end here with a line I read somewhere-
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
so did u start!! :P
ReplyDelete